Sunday, January 16, 2011

Flamenco

Last night I had one of the best Spanish experiences I have had yet-- Flamenco. It wasn't the stereotypical "woman in red fluffy dress, rose in teeth, castanets", but two male dancers and several singers and guitarists who improvised together to make two hours of some of the most beautiful, passionate and intense dancing I have ever seen! I know that sounds corny but unfortunately when something is so good, it almost becomes jokingly corny.

We went to a place my Sra recommened,

www.casapatas.com

We got there and our seats were kind of in the back, but not horrible, but then 5 minutes before the show one of the waiters said that if we wanted to we could move up to the second row! It was amazing. I wish I could have taken pictures/videos of the performance we saw. Everything here starts later than in the states: Dinner at 9 (home dinner, going to a restaurant happens at 10/11), the show started at 12am and ended at 2. It was beyond belief.

4 comments:

  1. Whoa man! How do they always eat that late and be like. . . . good-looking still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have see that!! The male dancers I mean:) It just sounds fantastic. But I too wonder how on earth you can stay up so late all the time and still get to class etc. I guess you will get in the swing of things! You've always been a night owl anyway..so you should like the change...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really isn´t that bad! And I don´t have class until 11:00 every day, thank goodness. And you just get used to it! Wish you could have seen the male dancers too..meoooooow. And a half. In all seriousness, one of them came out in a velvet suit and we were like, ¨ugh, Euro-trash¨ but then by the end of his dance were were like, ¨OH EURO HOT¨. Transformative experience

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have many transformative experiences!

    ReplyDelete